Proverb for Wednesday

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2004
      "C^ o oc^i nevidia, srdce neboli"

      "What the eye sees not, the heart does not rue" [author]

      What the eyes don't see, doesn't cause pain to the heart.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 12, 2005
        "Komu niet rady, tomu niet pomoci" [not a single diacritic!]

        He that will not be counselled, cannot be helped.

        Helen
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
          "Kto neokusil zle, nevie, c~o je dobre"

          No man better knows what good is than he who has endured evil
          [author]

          He who has not experiened evil, does not know what good is.

          Helen
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 30, 2005
            "Nech sa mladost' vyblazni"

            Youth will have its course [author]

            Literally: Let youth run its course of craziness (????)

            Helen
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 13, 2005
              "Nie je vs~etko zlato, c~o sa blys~ti"
              All that glitters is not gold

              Helen
            • Nick Holcz
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 13, 2005
                At 02:32 AM 14/04/2005, you wrote:

                >"Nie je vs~etko zlato, c~o sa blys~ti"
                >All that glitters is not gold
                >
                >Helen
                Helen I think it should be,

                " Nor all that glisters gold"

                Thomas Gray 1747 part of "Ode on the death of a favourite cat"

                Nick
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 13, 2005
                  "Prilez~itost' robi zlodeja"
                  Opportunity makes the thief