Re: [Slovak-World] Clinton's Slovak Secret?

  • john peterson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2004
      Clintonovo Tajomstvo, by the way, translates as "Clinton's Secret."

      I thought Monica was his secret??????

      Martin Votruba <votrubam@...> wrote:
      (Sorry - fixing newspaper typos, but not mine. I repost this with the
      corrected subject line.)

      Today's (9/25) Los Angeles Times has a brief note on how far can a little
      L.A. celebrity go. The text is below (I corrected one typo). An image of
      "the Termina'tor III" might come up after clicking the link at the end.

      Martin

      votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu

      x x x

      It's just what you'd expect to find on the drink menu at a place called
      the L.A. Restaurant -- an L.A. Colada (with Malibu rum), a Beverly Sling,
      a Tequila Sunrise, even a drink called the Terminator III.

      Of course, this L.A. Restaurant is in Bratislava, capital of Slovakia. Now
      you know why people describe Los Angeles as "sprawling."

      My informant, Nik Trendowski, tells me that, while California's governor
      inspired one of those drinks, an ex-president has a dish named after him.

      "A friend of mine had the Clintonovo Tajomstvo," Trendowski said, "which
      was a traditional Slovak dish -- fried cheese -- but inside a potato
      pancake."

      Clintonovo Tajomstvo, by the way, translates as "Clinton's Secret."

      www.latimes.com/news/local/la-only2_i4kfmmkf,1,7749430.photo

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT