9910Re: Scam or what

  • Bill
    Sep 11, 2004
      Hello David,
      These type of scams, including this one have been around for many,
      many years, even for at least the last 15 years on the internet.
      They eventually ask for your bank or credit account number. There
      are many evil people lurking on the web. Return addresses (headers)
      are regularly forged. Email has made it very inexpensive to flood
      mailboxes with this stuff. Governments, International law, police
      and technology still fail miserably to control it all.

      Until recently, most scams were coming from refugee camps in
      Nigeria. The good relief workers thought they were doing the people
      a favor by providing them access to computers by which to learn new

      The most important thing you can do is to ignore the solicitation.
      Don't even reply to the email or the webmaster. Just proves you're
      alive and you'll get more.

      The second most important thing is to have a public and a private
      email address. Don't post your private address on forums, including
      this list. They are regularly harvested.

      Lastly, have a sense of humor. Here http://www.scamorama.com/ is an
      awesome collection of scams (you'll find your favorite there) and
      incredibly funny stories of people who scam the scammers. The first
      time I read a few of the stories I had to stop, the tears in my eyes
      from laughter were too much!

      Bill Tarkulich

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, David <humblebe@i...> wrote:
      > Hi All: I just received this latest scam through my email. I would
      like to
      > know where I can report it? It sounds innocent enough, but we all
      > they want to get into your bank account or what ever. I want to
      report it
      > before some gullable senior falls for it. Any help would be
      > Dave
      > ATTN:Please,
      > I am Donald Kevwe. I represent Grand Import and export company, we
      > raw materials like cocoa, palm kernel, etc from Africa to foreign
      > companies in Europe and America for production of household
      > Our Head office is in the UK and presently we are trying to expand
      > America, for we do not have an office there presently, hence we are
      > searching for companies or agents that can work with us for the
      > of our network. We have debtors presently in the USA and Canada
      that are
      > owing the firm, and because we do not have an office or agent in the
      > US at present we are having difficulties in clearing our money
      > they only pay through checks as you know. What we need now is an
      > that can help clear such checks and will be paid 10% of whatever
      > clear from the total amount of money being paid . The rest will be
      > to our designated office as we may deem fit. If you are willing to
      be our
      > partner in this please send your mailing details and phone numbers
      > e-mail to us addressed to Donald Kevwe, so that we can proceed with
      > this transaction and have our clients send the check to you.I await
      > response.You may respond to donald_kevwe_****@....
      > Regards and Bless you.
      > Yours Sincerely,
      > Donald Kevwe.