8399Re: [Slovak-World] My opinion

  • John M,
    Jun 1, 2004
      At 07:29 PM 6/1/2004 -0400, you wrote:
      >In a message dated 6/1/04 1:46:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      >sandman6294@... writes:
      >
      >If you believe Jack S wrote that then you're very easily deluded, which
      >based on your statements now and in the past, is easy to deduce.
      >
      >http://www.probush.com/remember.htm
      >Who cares who authored it?

      I and many other people do. It appears that you don't care if a person is
      honest as long as you benefit from their actions. If someone steals
      something you like and gives it to you would you say who cares?

      >i am glad for the reminder that all it takes for evil to flourish is for
      >good men to do nothing. by the way, i don't recall CJ as signing his name
      >to it.
      >Noreen

      I don't believe cowboys going off half cocked to fight the "Axis of Evil"
      without the support of their traditional allies and good intelligence
      qualifies as "a good man doing something". The Pentagon's darling Ahmed
      Chalabi is now being cast adrift but only after the rigged intelligence he
      passed on was swallowed by an administration raring to go to war for
      political purposes.

      You imply a decrepit tin horn dictator is a world threat? Most of the
      world didn't think so. No navy, no air force, an army with antiquated
      weapons systems? Yes, you can kill people, and they are doing so, with low
      tech weapons but the outcome was never in doubt. A good analogy would be
      the Polish horse cavalry fighting the German Panzer divisions, which they
      did in 1939. You might call it a brave but it was certainly a futile
      act. Did he make the world a safer place? I don't think so. He may have
      increased the number of terrorists.

      As for Jack S signing his name, when you post a long statement without
      using quotes and giving credit to the author or providing the source, it's
      called plagiarism. The subject was My Opinion and it was posted by him.
      Jack G commented:

      "WOW!! I don't always agree with your statements Jack, but, I sure do this
      one! Well said! Bravo!!"

      and Jack S replied:

      "Thank you Jack.
      CJ"