      From: <wrabbit@...>
      To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>; <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 2:14 PM
      Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] Fwd: TRIBUTE to America - song & words "God
      Bless the USA"

      > Come out to Seattle some time - see unemployment close up - Now happily
      working again, but too many freinds still fighting - and yes, they are
      moving, many back to California or the midwest. How hard is it to take a
      job asking "do you want Fries with that" when you have to pay a mortage
      (lost my house - took a 40% cut in salary. Still, I am lucky, or perhaps
      just too old. Many of my freinds are well employed, if underpayed and
      sitting in the sand in Iraq. I sent off so many resumes. I basically
      switched careers - not easy to do, returned to school, got a third degree
      and will spend most of my life paying for it.

      > You want to talk lazy, you just come out here and we'll talk. Obviously
      you can't see past your own nose, or is it simply that if you have enough,
      that's enough?

      > The unemplyment rate for Virginia was an admirable 2.9% in 1998 but that
      is up to 3.4%, but that still means you can't support everyone coming from
      states like Oregon with 7.2% and a National Average of 5.6% as of April.
      Where the h*** are these jobs? India? Let me tell you, they are not going
      to let us in!

      > You words echo Marie Antoinette - "let them eat cake"
      >
      > At least these days we can just throw people out of office when they say
      careless things like that. Be glad times have changed.

      Bless the USA"

      > I resent the implication and feeling in your email. I merely stated that
      my husband has been out of work in his industry for the last 3 years, not
      that he had not been working! You have no idea what's behind this, as you do
      not live in New England, therefore you have no right to make a comment like
      that! FYI, my uncle has been "out" of work for two years, and close friends
      of ours for more than four. We all have been able to keep our houses. All of
      us live here in NE. You make it seem easy to pull up roots, but as many of
      you know, that can be pretty hard to do. I'd like to see you move and start
      anew in a new career in your fifties and sixties!

      > Alyssa
      >

      > > Why on earth is it the President's duty to find your husband a job?
      > >
      > > How on Earth can a MAN sit on his butt for three years and not work???
      > > Amazing!
      > >
      > > Get him off his butt and send him somewhere where there are jobs.
      Anyone