      From: raybravo2000 [mailto:colinv@...]
      Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 6:30 AM
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Slovak-World] OT- Our military? Slovak troops are there 2.

      Our military? We aren't there alone. There are also Slovak
      troops there, mainly because they feel they can't say no to the
      US, a NATO country, at the moment, although the government
      recognized that it's people are clearly against this operation. The
      UK has troops there also, which just shows how brave they are
      because half of the British casualties from the Gulf War were
      from American friendly fire. As to Democrats vs. Republicans,
      we are all in this together, and apparently we are all going to pay
      for this for years to come. Or the Iraqi people will pay for this
      along with the other debt they already have. Either way it's
      lousey. If the Iraqi people pay what are they paying for, Ike
      warned us about the "military industrial complex" and that
      seems to be hard at work in Iraq. We made war on these people
      and now the Iraqis or the US will pay for Bechtel & Haliburton
      with their no bid contracts to rebuild infrastructure and make
      money. There were Iraqi corporations that at least wanted the
      chance to win a contract in their own country. The only plan that I
      have heard of that I liked was someone in Congress suggested
      matching federal dollars, for every dollar spent in Iraq a dollar
      would be spent here.
      Colin

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, capt jack
      <captjack00@y...> wrote:
      > The Democrats are complaining on how long the war is taking
      but
      > > consider this:
      > >
      > > It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take
      the
      > > Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.
      > >
      > > It took less time to find Saddam's sons in Iraq than it took
      Hillary
      > > Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.
      > >
      > > It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines
      > > destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy
      Kennedy
      > > to call the police after his Oldsmobile sunk at
      Chappaquiddick.