4734Re: [Slovak-World] Zvala Greek Catholic records

  • Jan Lan
    Aug 1, 2003
      At 10:10 AM 8/1/2003 -0400, you wrote:
      >It is interesting that only Roman Catholic records are mentioned for

      The Jewish records for Zvala are with Humenne records but my reference does
      not show any reference to Greek Catholic records. The RC records are with
      Snina as Vlad said. This is the map of the area I believe but after the
      move. http://www.lemko.org/maps100/Pages/Pg113.html

      > I believe that Zvala was primarily a Greek Catholic Rusyn village. I
      > would love to find the Greek Catholic records from Zvala.

      I would think so. Rich Custer is very familiar with Rusyn villages of that
      area of Slovakia. He may be able to help you. Also, have you tried the
      Rusyns list? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rusyns/

      It wouldn't hurt to look at RC records. If there was an RC church in the
      area there may have been intermarriages.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic