4733Mid-Michigan Czech-Slovak festival

  • Scott T. Mikusko
    Aug 1, 2003
      For any of you Michigan people on this list, the small hamlet of Bannister
      hosts an annual Czech/Slovak Farm Festival every first Sunday in August.

      Pity, I'm in California. :( I get home next weekend. I knew I should have
      shifted my vacation plans.

      It's a pretty small event, but there is usually good food, some folk
      dancing/music, and mass at St Cyril's Catholic Church (heritage mass).

      I don't know any details since it's so small, you don't find much Internet
      info on it. Bannister is near Elsie, MI... ie. the stix :)

      From the one of the local news websites:

      COME TO MAIN STREET IN BANNISTER, MI. ON SUNDAY, AUGUST 3RD FOR A
      FESTIVAL OF ETHNIC FOOD, MUSIC AND DANCING. DINNERS IS SERVED FROM
      11:30AM UNTIL 2PM ($7 ADULTS, $3 CHILDREN UNDER 12, PRESCHOOLERS ARE
      FREE). pROGRAM BEGINS AT 2:30PM (CZECH AND SLOVAK FOLK DANCING AND MUSIC,
      FREE DOOR PRIZES) FREE CHILDREN'S GAMES. DANCE AT 4PM TO THE SOUNDS OF
      CZECHOSLOVAKIA BAND.

      -S
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic