      From: Helen Fedor
      To: Slovak World
      Sent: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:39:42 -0000 (UTC)
      Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] Real (Potato) Halusky Class -- March 6, Pittsburgh Area

      If you have a Trader Joe's near you, buy their Pastures of Eden < http://www.arthurschuman.com/sourcing/specialty-pastures-eden.asp > creamy feta that comes from Israel.  It's really good.  The wrapper is green and yellow, which you can see on the website above.

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      From: dragansk@...
      Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:46:48 -0800

        No, but I understand there's an imported foods store in the Strip District of Pittsburgh that sells bryndza. Although I've made bryndzove halusky, the class I do is on kapustove halusky.   If you search online, you will also see recommendations on how to approximate the taste of bryndza in the US.  At a WPSCA halusky demo I attended a few years ago, the Slovak wife of a USS exec said she did not trust the bryndza sold in this area, and said that a 50/50 mixture of cream cheese and sour cream.  Said her family couldn't taste the difference between real bryndza and this mix.
      Dennis

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic