34614Re: [Slovak-World] Jon Stewart

  • Ben Sorensen
    Dec 12, 2013
      Nevsimli ste, ze Jon Stewart rozpraval ironicke. Viete po anglicky?
      Ben

      On Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:26 AM, john aa <slovensko00@...> wrote:

      ..ked neuraza slovakov a Slovensku republiku ako to, ze prezidentom Slovenskej republiky je krava ?
      ..ked neuraza slovakov a Slovensku republiku ako to, ze konzumujeme vlastne zvratky ?
      ..ked neuraza slovakov a Slovensku republiku ako to, ze exportujeme ...?
      Jano

      On Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:14 PM, Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@...> wrote:

      Neuraza slovakov. Skor uraza americanov! Skoda, ze ste to zmeskali.
      Ben

      On Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:08 AM, john aa <slovensko00@...> wrote:

      Hahaha, funny bit.

      Skôr trapné...uraziť slovákov...to je funny bit ?

      On Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:10 PM, Scott Mikusko <scott@...> wrote:

      Hahaha, funny bit.  Of course, as seems to be the case, the humor isn't really at Slovakia's expense. It's more a satire on Americans' perception of how we think other countries are not as good as we are.

      This sort of reverse self-deprecating humor is lost on many people.  I think the topky.sk author doesn't quite get it.  Daily Show is a master of this sort of thing; it can be rather subtle on who the subject of the satire really is.

      -S

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic