34601Help with research about Slovak-Americans

  • votrubam
    Dec 10, 2013

      I'm forwarding a query from a Slovak-Swiss college student. In this world of spam, let me confirm that Viktoria is who she says she is, and that the link connects to a legitimate webpage page used by academics in their research.

      x x x

      My name is Viktoria Kvetanova and I grew up in Slovakia (Bratislava), Then, at the age of eleven, I moved to Switzerland with my family and I am currently studying English and Spanish linguistics and literature at the University of Zurich.
      As part of my BA studies in English, I am conducting a small research on people of Slovak descent living in the USA. I have constructed a short questionnaire which contains questions about the participants' language use, relations to Slovakia and social background. The survey is anonymous and you would need roughly 15-25 minutes to answer the questions.

      I am hoping to find as many people as possible to participate in the research, which is why (at the recommendation of Mr. Martin Votruba) I am posting this information in this group. I would be very happy if anyone of you would like to contribute to my research by means of filling out the survey or by means o forwarding this information to other people as well. Anyone who is currently living in the USA and is of Slovak descent can participate.

      Here is a link that will lead you to the survey:

      https://www.surveymonkey.com/ s/939PKSS

      In case you have any questions please feel free to contact me at: viktoria....@.... ch (i.e., viktoria.kvetanova "at" access "dot" uzh "dot" ch) or post your questions in Slovak-Spot:

      http://groups.google.com/ group/slovak-spot

      Thank you very much and best wishes to all of you.

      Viktoria

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic