      From: Ron <amiak27@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:15 PM
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Slovak Easter Monday celebrations

      Vilo,

      Since one of my Slovak cousins posted this at Easter time, I assume it is a turn around on the men using whips and the women tossing water .... at least that is the order I saw in the Slovak colony formed in the Czech Republic by Slovaks moving over from Slovakia after WW II. The women tossed the water, them men & boys used a woven willow whip with ribbon to ritually whip the ladies.

      But then, this should be the cartoon the one cousin from Slovakia posted, showing the water had frozen:
      https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/303343_499996116728213_314147906_n.jpg

      Am I reading this right?

      Ron