34369Re: St. Andrew's Day

  • votrubam
    Feb 12, 2013
      > Does anyone know if anyone still "really" celebrates St.
      > Andrew's day in Slovakia anymore? I was reading something
      > that discussed that young women customarily did certain
      > rituals to attract a potential future husband on this day

      Women banging on hen houses, rattling farm fences, but also modern female college students putting fruit tree branches in vases and more here, Jenna:

      http://groups.google.com/group/slovak-spot/

      No registration needed to read, click and view.

      Those tired of spam who register can receive "Slovak Spot" posts at whatever non-Google e-mail address they wish and send comments from it.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic