34331Re: Stara Lubovna Supermodel Sports a Kroj

  • Ron
    Jan 19, 2013
      Evidently this modern kroj is based on the style in the village of Sulin, or for Ruynophiles, Sulyn. None of the kroj I have seen in the village quite matched hers, but I suspect the difference had to do with the cut of the costume.

      Miss Martina Štupáková na súťaži v Číne...v Sulínskom kroji

      On Facebook you can find pages for Martina Štupáková or for
      Velky Sulin, Prešovský, Slovakia

      The photos on the Sulin page are posted by Milan Malast, a local photographer.

      For those without a Facebook account, there is always the chance to search by Google Images.

      Ron
      P.S. Not to be confused with Sulin Rap group.

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "votrubam" wrote:

      > The Zamagurie region in northern Spis County is probably going to lose a 25-year-old trained teacher, Martina S~tupa'kova' from Stara Lubovna, who placed fourth in the Miss Model of the World contest earlier this week. She wore a likeness of a Slovak folk costume (kroj, pron.: kroy) for part of the contest:
      > She actually left Stara Lubovna some time ago first for college and then to work for modeling agencies.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic