34267Re: [Slovak-World] Moderator

  • Julie Michutka
    Jan 7, 2013
      On Jan 7, 2013, at 10:51 AM, votrubam wrote:
      > This group, Slovak-World, has been "owned" by a single person, Greg Kopchak, and slowly falling prey to spammers under the lack of attention.

      I suppose there are a few things we could try; I get the impression that people have attempted to contact him by email without success, but I don't know what else has been tried.
      phone him--looks like he's listed on Switchboard.com
      go the same route as Slovak-Roots did when Maura's illness left that group in limbo, and contact yahoogroups and explain the situation
      go the same route as this group did to start with, wherein someone sets up a new group (on yahoo or google groups) and we all migrate. If that's the choice, I'd suggest setting it up with co-moderators right from the get-go.

      Just my thoughts. Excuse me if I've repeated past ideas--I haven't always kept up with the discussions lately.

      ~ Julie Michutka
      jmm@...