34252RE: [Slovak-World] Re: Kosice - European Culture City 2013

    Jan 3, 2013
      Vilo,A dialect was my thought too, but it would be the Abov dialect, not Saris, which is spoken farther north.

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      From: senzus@...
      Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 14:03:53 -0800
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Kosice - European Culture City 2013

      I agree with all you say. Although it has been 3 or 4 years since my last visit in Kosice, Unlike in Bratislava, I heard no Hungarian on the streets.

      This city is very beautiful and even before the rework of the main square was beautiful. The rework is exquisite and it was sad that the Romi caused international problems when they were moved to the outskirts because of the work.

      It is unfortunate that the guide gave such false info. David, could it be possible that he meant to say the Saris dialect was the reason these people could not understand?

      Z Bohom,