      From: votrubam <votrubam@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:19 PM
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Stara Lubovna Supermodel Sports a Kroj

      The Zamagurie region in northern Spis County is probably going to lose a 25-year-old trained teacher, Martina S~tupa'kova' from Stara Lubovna, who placed fourth in the Miss Model of the World contest earlier this week. She wore a likeness of a Slovak folk costume (kroj, pron.: kroy) for part of the contest:

      Here she is in more usual beauty-pageant attire at the end of the contest (on the right):

      She actually left Stara Lubovna some time ago first for college and then to work for modeling agencies. By coincidence, 14-year-old Silvia Jagos~ova' from Bratislava:

      ... was selected as one among the top 15 for the international Schwarzkopf Elite Model Look show a few days earlier, where she also also put on a folksy costume: