34191Re: [Slovak-World] immigration to AUSTRALIA

  • hmsbob@aol.com
    Nov 20, 2012
      Nick: Thanks for your reply. I was looking to find out if any immigrants
      leaving Slovakia for Australia in the 1890's thru 1930's when most
      immigrated to U.S.A.

      In a message dated 11/19/2012 10:00:50 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      nickh@... writes:

      This may not be exactly an example of what you are looking for but,

      >My family came to Australia but not directly, We left Slovakia in
      >1948 when the communists took over then we lived in Germanay and the
      >UK before coming to Australia, We came by ship, we came as British
      >subjects as my father had been the the Czechoslvak brigade part of
      >British army.

      Without being able to supply details I was told that the was a very
      successful furrier who came from Slovakia who lived in Tasmania and
      i am sure there were others.

      Regards
      Nick