34187Re: [Slovak-World] immigration to AUSTRALIA

  • Nick
    Nov 19, 2012
      This may not be exactly an example of what you are looking for but,

      >My family came to Australia but not directly, We left Slovakia in
      >1948 when the communists took over then we lived in Germanay and the
      >UK before coming to Australia, We came by ship, we came as British
      >subjects as my father had been the the Czechoslvak brigade part of
      >British army.

      Without being able to supply details I was told that the was a very
      successful furrier who came from Slovakia who lived in Tasmania and
      i am sure there were others.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic