      From: "Armata, Joseph R" <armata@...>
      To: "Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com" <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 9:06 AM
      Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] The Slovak Cymbalom

      OK Vilko, have a cup of coffee and let's get it straight - cymbals are those metal platters you crash together, cymbalom is the stringed instrument like a harpsichord!

      In Slovakia, was the cymbalom earlier a Gypsy/urban instrument, which later spread to Slovak musicians? (In Poland. it was earlier a Jewish urban instrument that spread to Polish village bands in the Rzeszow area in the late 19th century.)