33918Old Church Slavonic/Slavic/Old Slavnonic/Slavic dictionary

  • Sabo, Gerald
    Sep 5, 2012
      The Czech version came out in "sesity" from 1958 through 1997. An
      individual who collected the sesity could then create four bound volumes.
      Yes, some years ago, the Russians--I blieve the Academy in St.
      Petersburg--published essentially the four final Czech volumes with
      obviously Russian introductory text, but in essence the dictionary is the
      same.
      It is a superb dictionary--whether Czech or Russian published, though
      in one intance I know the Sreznevskij Materialy of three volumes which has
      been reprinted in the 1970s had a word that I could not find in the
      four-volume dictionary. The Czech four-volume is superb because of all the
      languages involved in a definition and the cited texts.
      I am sure Ben you should be able to find the four-volume published by
      the Russian academy fromn say Panorama of Russia in Somerville,
      Massachusetts which s where I purchased the Russian publication, though I
      had all the sesity from the Czech publication.
      I suspect, Helen and Martin, that your libraries (Congress and
      Pittsburgh) would have copies of the 2006 version of the dictionary is not
      the original sesity of the original Czech dictionary.
      Jerry Sabo