      From: Nemam Meno <menonemam@...>
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Re: How to get there? Your opinions please. PS
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 12:04 AM

      I am not sure if you are referring to what I understand. But it is either "smotana" alebo "margarin"

      From: whiteox_nelson <htcstech@...>

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Saturday, September 1, 2012, 11:54 PM

      The bus trip sounds good. I may be able to sleep on the way. The other thing I thought of was to book a night in a Prague hotel with brekkie the next morning to freshen me up before I head off into the wild blue yonder. The problem for me is that the Bratislavian relatives will not let me go once they find me, and I need to get to Budapest to pick the car up and then return. BTW, my Budapest relative is a taxi driver and he's getting me an older de-registered taxi for about $1000 US. Evidently all taxis over a certain age have to be replaced by law. So the train direct to Budapest is still a very good option at the moment.

      The advice on country stickers is noted . Thanks for that. Here in Australia, we drive on the correct side of the road (Right Hand Drive), so I need some lessons, probably in Budapest traffic. Wish me luck. So if you see someone weaving over the road in an old taxi sometime next May/June it's probably me. I'll be fully insured though.

      It does concern me about car ownership and the right to drive someone else's car over the borders. My dad got caught at the Slovak border in '75. Took about a 5 hour wait before the customs let him through. Times have changed though and I'll need to do some research on that. I may have to get the car transferred to my name to avoid issues but that is an extra cost.

      PS What is the name of the Slovak ice-cream that's made from whipped margarine?

      Peter M.