33781Re: [Slovak-World] How to get there? Your opinions please. PS

  • helene cincebeaux
    Aug 31, 2012
      Direct flight to Prague sounds good - there is a student bus or yellow bus to bratislava that is really a good deal - goes frequently and costs maybe 15 euro one way - has a/c, don't have to lift suitcase up like in the trains and is fast - maybe 4 or 4.5 hours trip.

      I took a train from bratislava to budapest - worked great but when i got to the station (Keleti) i thought i would walk to my hotel which looked close on the map. it wasn't at all - but i found a good technique for taxis - they wanted 25 euros to take me to hotel, i laughed and said i would walk, then a driver chased after me and offered 20, i countered with 15 and he grudgingly took me but wouldn't give me a receipt. I found it was a pretty long way, had gotten very dark and in some places no sidewalks - had to go underground - so taxi was the best way to go. Always ask about how much before you step into a taxi. Can research this on line too and they give tram and bus options for airports, bus and train stations. you will have fun planning your trip!

      helene