      From: Helen Fedor <helenfedor@...>
      To: Slovak World <slovak-world@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2012 4:50 PM
      Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] SLOVAK HERITAGE

      Vilo,Have the two men been in contact with UL'UV?  If I'm not mistaken, they planned to do a survey and document all the kroje in the country.  About 30 years ago, I was allowed to take photos of the drawings they'd made of the traditional kroje in my two ancestral villages (women's warm weather everyday, men's wintertime overcoats, etc.).  I don't know if they ever published the materials as a book or series of books, but maybe they could see the original materials. H
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      From: senzus@...
      Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 21:32:21 -0700

            Barbara,

      It is sad and the same thing is occurring in Slovakia.  In "My Town", Kúty, Zahorie, Western Slovakia

      In January, I received emails from two men, Richard Drs~ka Drrrsh-kah] and Filip Hus~t'ava [Huhshtya-vah], requesting Photos of original kroje and other historical info from our immegrants here in Johnstown, NY.  Their intention is to preserve them, locally in a yet to be built museum.  Richard is employed in the Zahorie muzeum in Skalica [Skahlee-tsah].  They are working with people from Moravia who are expert in Kroje making and preservation.

      On Thursday, I was reading news from our kuty.sk site and saw that Filip has scheduled a gathering of youth, to teach our traditional Polka and Waltz waltz.  He wants them to be prepared for dancing during our Hody [Hoh-dee] the yearly celebration of the consecration of our church, (ST. Josephs), held on the weekend closest to the feast of Our Lady of Snows, (Panenka Maria Sniez~u) (August 5th).

      I hope that this preservation work will occur in communities all over Slovakia, preserving our beautiful cultural heritage.

      Barbara, you are to be commended for your contributions and I would suggest you let the kids know how hurt your feelings are.

      S Panem Bohom,

      Vilo