      From: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Helen Fedor
      Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2012 4:51 PM
      To: Slovak World
      Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] SLOVAK HERITAGE

      Vilo,Have the two men been in contact with UL'UV? If I'm not
      mistaken, they planned to do a survey and document all the kroje in
      the country. About 30 years ago, I was allowed to take photos of the
      drawings they'd made of the traditional kroje in my two ancestral
      villages (women's warm weather everyday, men's wintertime overcoats,
      etc.). I don't know if they ever published the materials as a book or
      series of books, but maybe they could see the original materials. H
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      From: senzus@...
      Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 21:32:21 -0700

      Barbara,

      It is sad and the same thing is occurring in Slovakia. In "My Town",
      Kúty, Zahorie, Western Slovakia

      In January, I received emails from two men, Richard Drs~ka Drrrsh-kah]
      and Filip Hus~t'ava [Huhshtya-vah], requesting Photos of original
      kroje and other historical info from our immegrants here in Johnstown,
      NY. Their intention is to preserve them, locally in a yet to be built
      museum. Richard is employed in the Zahorie muzeum in Skalica
      [Skahlee-tsah]. They are working with people from Moravia who are
      expert in Kroje making and preservation.

      On Thursday, I was reading news from our kuty.sk site and saw that
      Filip has scheduled a gathering of youth, to teach our traditional
      Polka and Waltz waltz. He wants them to be prepared for dancing
      during our Hody [Hoh-dee] the yearly celebration of the consecration
      of our church, (ST. Josephs), held on the weekend closest to the feast
      of Our Lady of Snows, (Panenka Maria Sniez~u) (August 5th).

      I hope that this preservation work will occur in communities all over
      Slovakia, preserving our beautiful cultural heritage.

      Barbara, you are to be commended for your contributions and I would
      suggest you let the kids know how hurt your feelings are.

      S Panem Bohom,

      Vilo