      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 5:48 PM
      Subject: [Slovak-World] SLOVAK HERITAGE

      All my ancestors are from Slovakia,I am second and third generation american. I have 4 sisters we do live far apart. I have 6 grown children. We grew up with Christmas and Easter Slovak traditions and food alike through out the year. I have raised my children with the traditions and the food in which I still make today. I have never been to Slovakia finances set me back from going.But I love to draw and have drawn many a scenery from pictures of Slovakia. I also listen to Slovak folk music and do much embroidery.I even made an heirloom wallhanging of the villages and pictures of the ancestors. My next attempt is to try Pysanky eggs. I have taught my daughters to cook,sew,other various crafts, housekeep,garden. I do have many documents of my ancestors including a 1857 book in the Czech language "Life of Jesus Christ" that my great grandfather brought here. What bothers me is that none of my children are interested in our heritage as well as my sisters.
      And I live here in rural Kentucky so not too many people care either.Can anyone give me some suggestions. I love my heritage and I think it is important it has such a beautiful culture and I am afraid that it is dying out in this family.