33345Re: [Slovak-World] Re: A velvety visit to old city

  • Marilyn Murphy
    May 1, 2012
      My spouse and I had a phenomenal visit 2 years ago. We met several extended family members in both the east and the west of Slovakia All were quite engaging. We discussed history and architecture, beliefs, art, you name it. We saw castles and cathedrals, villages and cities. We were in the Tatry where their enthusiasm for local skiing was infectious (and I am not a skier) we all marveled at some similarities between the families that spanned the years of no communication. The train trip across the country was fascinating. We spent 2 very short weeks which only served to whet out desire to return. There was never a lack of things to do or see or discuss. Some of the younger members if the family had lived abroad but returned to raise their children. All in all we were presented with a very positive concept if life in present day Slovakia

      Sent from my iPhone