33193Re: Identifyiing CS uniform

  • Ron
    Apr 3, 2012
      Thanks again, Martin. Mountain infantry seems appropriate given the mountainous terrain we come from.

      I am in Arizona warming up for some mountain hiking in the Carpathians this May. I want to head from the tri-corner border by Nova Sedlica to Medzilaborce. It seems like a scenic route to take and not so popular, but full of history from the last century. It will be a different kind of challenge. I wish only that I had timed it to coincide with another beginner Slovak course in country. I am ready for it again.

      > Additional info, Ron: the lapel/collar pins with the falcon were introduced for the CS mountain troops (HQ in Poprad) in 1922, which would place the pic between 1922 and 1930, perhaps the last year when the photo studio might still have been in business (there's reasonable evidence that it was at least through 1927).
      >

      > Martin

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic