32932Re: [Slovak-World] Paczki Donuts & Kolacky

  • BJLK@aol.com
    Feb 20, 2012
      The closest Slovak equivalent I can think of for the Polish paczky is
      s~is~ky, which can be made with a variety of favorite Slovak pastry
      fillings--like apricot or slivkovy' lekvar, cheese, poppy seeds, custard, and
      others--or just deep-fried without any filling at all.

      B. J.

      B. J. Licko-Keel (BJLK@...)

      In a message dated 2/19/2012 10:33:29 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      helenezx@... writes:

      Hi Paul - I don't think it is the same as that is fried and kolac~ky are
      baked in the oven.

      helene

      On Sun, 2/19/12, Paul Wolsko <pwolsko@...> wrote:

      Is this the same as Kolachi?