32931Re: Paczki Donuts & Kolacky

  • Ron
    Feb 20, 2012
      Perhaps one of the best sources for us to turn to is our own Lubos Brieda at http://www.slovakcooking.com/category/recipes/sweets/

      You can note there are several types of kolac or kolachky, each with its own special name. Our American experience is generally limited to "what momma made" and called kolachky.

      I hope Lubos will step in and tell us, if it is possible to say, the difference between kolach and other sweets. In English perhaps this is equivalent to telling the difference between "pastry", "donuts", "cakes" "torts" and "pies".