32699Re: Too much eggnog

  • Ron
    Jan 1, 2012
      The official correction appeared in today's paper, Jan 1, 2012:
      * * *
      BEST 2012 CORRECTION . . . So far. Yes, d'Ears, it is only Jan. 1. So what's your point?

      Here's what happened: How many of you knew there were two countries, one named Slovenia and one named Slovakia? Unfortunately, quite a few, several of whom helpfully suggested Ear consult a map before writing about either one.

      Here's what Ear should have said: Jeff Lowenfels' organic gardening book is going to be translated into Slovenian, which is spoken in Slovenia, not Slovakia, where they speak Slovak.
      * * *

      Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2011/12/31/2241003/alaska-ear.html#storylink=cpy