32657Re: Where Can I Buy Oplatky in the U.S.?

  • Greg
    Dec 23, 2011
      Allan:

      Some very bad things happened with Oplatki this year...

      Leemar had been a very big supplier in North America.

      Leona Hrehvcik died last year.

      Michael Hrehvcik died this year. Things went bad.

      We tried to fill the gap but it was hard to get beyond regular customers.

      If you write Oplatki on your calendar for 2012 for the day after Thanksgiving along with...

      http://www.iarelative.com/xmas/oplatki.htm

      More than likely you will have Oplatki in 2012.

      Vesele vianoce..

      Greg Kopchak

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "allanstevo" <allanstevo@...> wrote:

      > I've just run through the last 100 posts on oplatky and didn't notice a concrete answer to this question. Please forgive me if I am overlooking some obvious mention of it somewhere.
      >
      > On 52 Weeks in Slovak next week, I'd like to mention some places that a person could find oplatky in the U.S. in the event that he or she would want to include them in his or her Christmas celebration this year.
      >
      > Does anyone know concretely where oplatky can be obtained? A google search turned up a few fine results. I'd be more interested though in hearing oplatky suppliers that you personally use and would recommend. If you can mention the name and address or website, or at least the city of the oplatky supplier you use, I think that would help me or others more easily find that supplier.
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Allan
      > www.52inSk.com

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic