32289Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Best countries for business

  • William C. Wormuth
    Oct 10, 2011
      Martin,

      I agree with you.  I believe the problem was purely political.

      Following the fall of communism, the Czech government used funds from the "west", to rebuild their (Bohemian), portion of the businesses and infrastructure and VERY LITTLE for Moravia or Slovakia.

      As I remember the government paid no attention to the complaints until just before the split.

      I can still remember going to Brno and seeing how run-down the city was as well as Bratislava and Kos~ice.

      I have never had much contact with Czech people, except 4 "run-aways", I sponsored and cared for Before the fall of communism.

      Moravians, with whom I had considerable contact with always spoke of Slovaks as their brothers.

      Martin, some of the above paragraph, Following...., might be incorrect and corrections would be appreciated.

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo