32109Re: Surname Change.

  • William
    Sep 2, 2011
      My mother's name was Tereza Ferenc~ik. Her father's name was Jan
      Ferenc~ik. At the same time, there were three other men whose names
      were identical, living in the same village. In order to distinguish
      which Jan Ferenc~ik, one was referring to, they were given aliases. I
      do not know what the aliases stood for, however, my grandfather was
      known as Jan Ferenc~ik Kornos. The other three were Jan Ferenc~ik
      Kachut, Jan Ferenc~ik Gresso, and Jan Ferenc~ik Matylak. The headstone
      on my grandfather's grave gives prominence to Kornos rather than his
      actual surname.

      William F. Brna