      From: "Mader, Michelle A. (GRC-CHC0)" <Michelle.A.Mader@...>
      To: "Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com" <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, September 2, 2011 9:25 AM
      Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] Re: Meaning of Names

      That is not as strange as you might think. Especially if your ancestors are from a small town in Slovakia. Mine come from two, geographically close towns where there seem to have been only about 6 surnames and 10 first names per gender. So I have cases like a couple having twins named Adam and Eva. Then, Adam had twins and named them Adam and Eva. Or Michal Maco married Anna Filo, had a son named Michal Maco who went on to marry an Anna Filo. There are some women whose surname didn’t change after marriage (e.g. Anna Maco married Juraj Maco). If it hadn’t been for some really good church records I don’t know that we’d ever have gotten them straight.

      Michelle Maco Mader
      Cleveland, Ohio USA