32105Re: Meaning of Names

  • CurtB
    Sep 1, 2011
      Stephanie,
      Have you seen Shonder's draft records from world war I and world war II? He claims to be born in America in 1888 (or 1889). Have you seen the census records of 1910 where his parents Mike and
      Beulah are recorded along with their children? The census indicates that they are Slovak. But also that they immigrated from Austria since Slovak territory was within the Austrian Empire. Here Shonder (did he have the Hungarian name Sandor?) is listed as born in Austria.
      Shonder is listed as age 20, but his parents are married only 14 years.

      have you done any of this research?

      Curt B.