31713Re: [Slovak-World] Gbely households

    May 5, 2011
      I crossed myself on the forehead, the mouth & then the chest when I read this.

      --- On Tue, 5/3/11, William C. Wormuth <senzus@...> wrote:

      From: William C. Wormuth <senzus@...>
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Gbely households
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2011, 5:12 PM

      Pam,

      " He has played professionally with a very popular Maravian Cymbalom Band in

      Straz~nica. In later years, he played with a Cymbalom Band, (forgot the name),

      in Bratislava when they made a CD, (I do have a copy)."

      CD: Vinec~ko, Vino [Veen-ehchkoh Veenoh with the cymbal [Tseem-bahll] orchestra

      Adnrej Vc~elika [Ahn-drrehee Vchehlee-kah].

      Cymbalom:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimbalom

      Try listening to this type music on Youtube. I love it very much. The other

      major typeof music is Dychovka {Dee-khovv-kah}, (Brass Band.

      And then, (of course), there is Ben Sorenson, our Slovak, non-Slovak, (according

      to the gospel of St. Vlado).

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo