      From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, May 3, 2011 5:40:36 AM
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Name: Popagyak (Possibly listed in transit as
      Popadak or Popadjak)

      Jozef was born 17 Oct 1892. Apparently had a younger brother [I had thought he
      was an only child] born a year later, Jan 17 Dec 1893.
      Hope this helps.
      Parents were:
      Jozef Popagyak born 1871 in Parchovany as well. And mother Maria Komar.
      Christened 2 Aug 1871, married 29 Aug 1892 to Maria Richreszt.
      Her parents are listed as Jan Richreszt & Zuzana Magyar.
      I was wondering if you could locate any manifest or transit information.
      btw, I have acquired an unemployed English student from Hungary, I think. We
      are to meet tomorrow AM for a trip to Parchovany. I am not sure what we w/ do
      or find, but plan to start @ the city hall & take it from there.
      Any suggested Dos & Don'ts would be most appreciated from the group.
      Particularly if family can be located.
      Gratefully,Chuck
      PS I never would have made it thus far without the assistance & support of this
      group. Thank you all.
      Remarried Anna Madar in 1923.
      Anna Madar
      From: William C. Wormuth <senzus@...>

      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Name changes vs. spelling errors

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 7:53 PM

      My Dear Mr. B. J.,

      You are off by a number of years, at least 19. I found your Grampa. The

      manifest lists his middle name, "Skuta".

      The town of origin is unclear but my research indicates there are people with

      his name in Parnica, Orava.

      I could not send the info , (jpg) here so CHECK YOUR EMAIL.

      Happy May 1st!

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo