31691Re: [Slovak-World] Gbely households

  • William C. Wormuth
    May 3 2:12 PM
      Pam,

      " He has played professionally with a very popular Maravian Cymbalom Band in
      Straz~nica. In later years, he played with a Cymbalom Band, (forgot the name),
      in Bratislava when they made a CD, (I do have a copy)."

      CD: Vinec~ko, Vino [Veen-ehchkoh Veenoh with the cymbal [Tseem-bahll] orchestra
      Adnrej Vc~elika [Ahn-drrehee Vchehlee-kah].

      Cymbalom:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimbalom

      Try listening to this type music on Youtube. I love it very much. The other
      major typeof music is Dychovka {Dee-khovv-kah}, (Brass Band.

      And then, (of course), there is Ben Sorenson, our Slovak, non-Slovak, (according
      to the gospel of St. Vlado).

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo