31675Re: Gbely households

  • votrubam
    May 2, 2011
      > The L-R switch I've seen before in Slovak names

      Exactly, Scott. A useful example, too, thanks. I don't recall the discussion, but that's what occasionally happens in ordinary Slovak words as well. It involves the sequence -l---r- or the other way round, and also -l---l- or -r---r- where the sounds get switched around or the "other" sound replaces one of the two in the second pair of sequences. For instance, some Slovaks pronounce the word pilulka "pill" as pirulka.