31666Re: [Slovak-World] Gbely households

  • Pamela White
    May 2, 2011
      I find both Martin and Larry's imput making me curious.
      I will have to go back and find the dates of how the R and L and C and z and CZ changed to see how the time line on it may explain part of it. Wish I could do it today but with the first wedding almost 2 weeks away and the next daughter on its heel I am one busy mommy!
      Will get to it soon thought so I can get everyone's input on the changes in the name. FYI my twin daughters born on my birthday are both getting married this year.

      The first sighting I remember off the top of my head is Martin Rolenz born in Egbell 9/21/1743 to Joanne Rolenz and Maria (daughter of Michal Martinkovics, I believe him to be my Martin Rolenz married 7/12/1768 Egbell, Austrian-Hungarian Empire now Gbely, Slovakia (Manzelstvá), 1710-1780 (Inv. c. 839) page 558 image 33 to Anna Matulka or Matulova.

      I struggle reading some of the old records written in Slovak so I have struggled to prove that the Martin born 1743 is this Martin married 1768.
      Children: of Martin Rolenc and Anna Matulova/Matulka 3 of which I found in records and one I think might be theirs.

      1 M: Andreas Rolenc

      Birth: 18 Nov 1770 Egbell, Austrian-Hungarian Empire now Gbely, Slovakia image 170

      2 F: Anna Rolenc

      Birth: 1773 Egbell, Austrian-Hungarian Empire now Gbely, Slovakia image 178 not sure of month

      3 M: Paulus "Pavol" Lorenc Rol'nik (Rol'nik was what the Slovak record request showed)

      This is my husband's line

      Birth: 4 Dec 1774 Egbell, Austrian-Hungarian Empire now Gbely, Slovakia image 3

      Spouse: Barbora Kocakova

      Marriage: 14 Nov 1797 Egbell, Austrian-Hungarian Empire now Gbely, Slovakia image 31

      4 M: Martin (no proof yet Martin is son of Martin) Rolenc

      Spouse: Maria Medlenova (Medlen)

      Hopefully I can get time soon to go back and look at this again. I look forward to seeing what this Slovak group thinks.