      From: "lkocik@..." <lkocik@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, May 2, 2011 12:36:28 AM
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Gbely households

      Hi Pam

      I'm interested in your question about the name Rolenc becoming Lorenc[z]. I
      have no answer, but have the same situation in my family tree...the "R" and "L"
      switching places in the Rolencz name. I have to wonder if this is unique to
      Gbely and maybe a particular dyslexic scribe, since it happened in my family in
      the early 1800's too. If it was a transcription error it would have been noticed
      and corrected in subsequent entries I would think. You also mention Lorenc
      sometimes ending in "c" and sometimes in "z". In my lineage it is most usually
      ended in "cz".

      With respect;
      Your far distant cousin; Larry