      From: "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@...>
      Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:20:58
      To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Prague Spring: see also

      Lou,

      I am one who agrees wholly with Monsignor Jozef Tiso.

      I believe that he formed the Slovak republik in order to save Slovakia from
      "invasion" by Hitler.

      Much was accomplished in improving the infrastructure an other during the reign.

      Monsignor, Tiso was not aware of the fact that Jews would be murdered but only
      exported from Slovakia.

      Most Americans are not aware of the fact that most business operations were
      Jewish, a leftover from the Hungarian rule.

      This is why ordinary citizens did not protest, believing that finally they
      could enter the business world.

      When they did find that the Nazi regime was killing them, the responded by
      hiding Jews, at the risk of facing Nazi German firing squad.

      The film Obchod na Korze, (Shop on Main Street), was an anti Tiso , communist
      propaganda toll but many true facts were in the film.
      Hanging Tiso was also a tool of communists, to show people how "Bad " he was.

      I consider Monsignor Tiso to be a Martyr for the Slovak people.

      I mourn the loss of Czech people during that trying time.

      My thoughts concerning the first Cechoslovak Republik are very negative. My
      friends and family related to me how very prjudicial against our people,
      treating them as second class citizenry, unable to govern there own towns.

      In Kúty, when the German Solders were about to retreat, they went door, to door
      warning the people that the Soviet forces were coming and to hide their young
      girls and any valuables.

      The first wave were Mongolian, uneducated soldiers. My cousins grandmother was
      raped, while on her death bed.

      Our Assistant Pastor here in Johnstown, NY, (and later administrating to the
      Sisters if Sts. Cyril and Methodius), Father Augustin Zan, was secretary to
      Monsignor Tiso. When communists took over, the people hid him until he was
      able, (with the peoples help), to escape to Germany where he administered to
      escapees from Slovakia.

      Communists tried to have him arrested as a "war criminal" and sent to the German
      government a doctored Photograph of Fr. Zan. standing amid bodies, holding a
      pistol.

      Father was First a Priest and Second, a True Slovak God Rest His Soul.

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo

      From: genmom4 <geismom@...>
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Prague Spring
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 9:20 AM

      Thanks for posting this, Chuck. It certainly makes me appreciate my freedom
      here.