30948Folk trade

  • Margo Smith
    Jan 31, 2011
      For those of you who are enjoying Helen's "translation," as I am, you might want
      to check out the actual book itself for 2 reasons:
      1)  the illustrations are lovely and numerous
      2)  each chapter is footnoted, so if you are interested in pursuing a particular
      subject, there is a source provided.  That is the good news.  The not so good
      news is that the sources are in Slovak, Czech, German, and probably other
      languages (not English).  How frustrating to want to pursue a topic, only to
      find that the source material is in a language I don't read!  (All that French
      and Spanish are no use to me here!!!)

      If you are in the Chicago area, you can find the book at Regenstein Library.  Or
      you can order it on interlibrary loan from the U of C.
      Author is Katarina Apathyova-Rusnakova.  Title is Slovakia:  European contexts
      of the folk culture.  (Or look it up on WorldCat to see where else it is.)

      Margo