30830Re: Learning Slovak

  • dragansk
    Jan 15, 2011
      I meant to mention earlier that there are also learning materials developed by Tomas Dratva for the Peace Corps in the 90s. I suppose that because these were developed with tax dollars, they became available free for downloading at http://bohemica.com/slovak

      There are four items -- all in PDF format, which can be printed and used easily. They can only be used for non-profit use. I printed them all and keep them in a large binder. They include: 1) Basic Slovak section, 2) Slovak Textbook, 3) Slovak Grammar, and 4) Slovak Workbook (exercises). I make them available to students in my basic Slovak classes, although we've actually only used a few pages from the Basic Slovak section.

      The last time I checked, the downloads were not on the Bohemica web site any more, although the site indicates they are. In any case, I have the files and can place them in this group's "Files" section if there's interest. In all, the size of the four files is 3.45 MB. One idea is for interested group members to download the Basic Slovak section first, then use the other sections if interested.

      Dennis