      From: mjkopanic <mjkopanic@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, January 6, 2011 10:00:39 AM
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Autorské právo

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <amiak27@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the observations, but the objective of pointing him to a
      Slovak web page is to make it very clear that I suspect the
      incompatibility is his problem, and therefore he should ask for no new
      DVD's or expect any. Hopefully he would realize that he must give me a
      good description of the reason the first DVD's failed if I am ever to
      send more.
      Ron,

      ŠÅ¥astný nový rok is an idiom, and Slovaks use it as a
      greeting in the New Year. ŠÅ¥astný means "lucky," so the
      best translation is "Lots of luck in the new year!.

      Mike
      > But let me take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year!
      >
      > Ron
      > PS in the Slovak language class one intermediate fellow said he was
      still confused over the difference between šťastný (stastny)
      and veselý (vesely). I told him to think of Stastny Novy Rok and
      Vesely Vianoce (happy new year and Merry Christmas). He was still
      uncertain, and at that point I had to give up my effort to clarify!

      > Veselé Vánoce a šťastný Nový rok!
      >

      > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Ben Sorensen cerrunos1@ wrote:
      > >
      > > The kid certainly knows, Ron, I assure you. It is also plastered
      across most
      > > Czech and Slovak movies as they start, along with anti-piracy
      ads. The thing is
      > > that you have to get a player that will allow the change. I
      have one that will
      > > not lock into the fifth (or third) time, but I ordered theÂ
      player
      > > specifically. Some DVD-Rom drives will not lock, some will-
      best option is to
      > > have TWO on your computer. This way you can designate one for PAL
      and one for
      > > NTSC, but be careful not to mix them. They usually lock after five
      changes. (My
      > > computer, again, is an open drive. If it is flat and not Blu-Ray, I
      am good.)

      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5SmrHNWhak
      > >
      > > This is the English version that is on so many movies... it is
      really funny when
      > > you get a burned movie with this advert on it!

      NTSC