30772Re: [Slovak-World] Pa Churches

  • Taoz@aol.com
    Jan 2, 2011
      Vilo,
      You were lucky. In my home town they closed all three churches and
      substituted nothing. People there now have to go several miles in either of 2
      ways to get to mass. The situation is getting worse and worse all over. I
      am now in NYC and we get packed churches on Christmas and Easter and not too
      many attending the other weekends.
      Pavel

      In a message dated 12/31/2010 2:41:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      senzus@... writes:

      There is a shortage of priests. Rather than have one priest serve three
      parishes in a city, the diocese closes "three" and unites the parishioners
      under on newly named parish in the one remaining church. Our former St.
      Patrick's is now, Holy Trinity which combines: St Anthony's, Immaculate
      Conception and St. Patrick's.

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo

      --- On Thu, 12/30/10, _smudsville@..._ (mailto:smudsville@...)

      From: _smudsville@..._ (mailto:smudsville@...)
      <_smudsville@..._ (mailto:smudsville@...) >
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Pa Churches
      To: _slovak-world@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:slovak-world@yahoogroups.com)
      Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 12:26 AM

      I apologize if this is a dumb question but what happens to the priests of
      the closed churches? This seems such a large number of churches to close.
      Why is this happening?dlb