30038Re: Clarifying Slovak and German

  • William
    Sep 3, 2010
      I can tell you that knowledge of German on my first trip to Spis (Levoca) saved the day for me. The owners of the hotel spoke very little English and of course I spoke no Slovak at all. I was happy when the replied "ja, ein bischen" when I asked if they spoke German. So I think it goes without saying the German influence was strong and survives today.
      Bill