29324Re: Meaning of Mola Media, superior and inferior in the context of a molitor/miller.

  • wanderingdalton
    May 7 10:44 AM
      Frank, good advice, thanks.
      I went back to Latin, since that's the primary language of the documents and found on the FamilySearch Latin Genealogical Word List, the following:

      superior upper
      inferior lower
      mola mill
      molitor miller

      I would assume in this context that media is mid/middle. I will have to see and hope there is a record somewhere of these 3 mills as I am only aware of one in existence today. It's also interesting that from one year to the next, my ancestor transferred from one mill to another and even more so is that the town is so small I find it hard to believe it could have supported 3 mills!
      Thanks again for your advice!

      Thomas