      From: CurtB <curt67boc@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, May 1, 2010 11:52:20 AM
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: help with translation please

      Gail & Helen,
      Kozlegeny pretty consisently appears in records of this period meaning private in the army as Janet has already indicated. The previous part indicates the number, and the regiment. In this case the 66th ??? . See also the following entry as well where the same word appears. I am not expert in A-H military history, so cannot tell you further information of the regiment.

      Toth Antal is the name of the villager who serves as witness.

      Toth is the last name, Antal the first.

      Curt B.